- Stem Cell Overview
- Stem Cell Services
Stem cells are found in adult tissues and create cells for regenerative organs, such as blood, skin, or intestinal tissues. Their ability to self-renew and differentiate into a diverse range of specialized cell types has driven extensive research to unlock their potential to treat disease. Autologous adult stem cells can be advantageous for treatments to the low risk of rejection to recipient and are much less controversial than embryonic stem cells.
Bone marrow contains three types of stem cells: hematopoietic stem cells (HSC), mesenchymal stem cells (MSC), and endothelial stem cells. HSCs give rise to three cell types found in blood: erythrocyte [red blood cells], white blood cells [leukocytes], and platelets [thrombocytes] while MSCs give rise to osteoblasts [responsible for bone formation], chondrocytes [cartilage], myocytes [muscle], and more.
Harvesting bone marrow to concentrate these HSCs and MSCs have many medical applications and are currently used in:
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Spinal Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery
- Wound healing
- Sports Medicine
- Equine Medicine
For more information see: BloodGuys Stem Cell Services
Stem cell concentration therapies can be performed in the operating room, emergency room, outpatient center, or clinic. These require expertise for bone marrow aspiration and harvest, concentration, and delivery. Our stem cell services are performed by advanced technicians for all surgical specialties providing maximum clinical value and support.
Our qualifications include:
- Dedicated skilled operators with full clinical certifications
- Regulatory compliance with all agencies including JCAHO, HCFA, AABB, CLIA, FDA, ABCP, OSHA, and state health agencies.
- Policies & Protocols guided by evidence-based medicine and best practices
- Liability Insurance
- 20+ years of autotransfusion experience with thousands of procedures performed
- Years of platelet rich and platelet poor plasma experience with many different types of procedures performed
- Bone marrow aspiration and stem cell concentration experience
- Hematology expertise
- Anticoagulant management expertise
- Autologous blood management expertise
- Collection, fractionation, and application of autologous blood components expertise
For more, contact BLOODGUYS